The techniques and tactics thought in the program ASRT are truly LAST RESORT SURVIVAL MEASURES, where you have only two choices, do nothing and get hurt or respond as a team, using ASRT, and fight for survival. When it comes to survival there is no margin for errors and every delay can be fatal. Not knowing what to do will cause panic and waste precious time. In order to act decisively in life threatening circumstances we must trust that the training we received will actually work.
We will cover:
Preparing for the Shooter
- Defending the room – Understand the difference between cover and concealment.
- Weapons of Survival – How to use ordinary objects to slow down the impact of a bullet.
- Assuming Leadership Position – How to take charge during a crisis.
- Looking Outside The Door – How to get out of the shooter’s kill zone.
Disrupting the Shooter
- Counter Intrusion Tactics – Learn what to do and not do when the Shooter enters your room.
- Controlling the Hands
- Exercise: preparing for the Active Shooter
Stopping the Killer
- Watch the life and death difference between taking action to save yourself or just hiding under a table.
- Learn how to work as a team and collectively stop the Shooter’s attack.
Encounter with Aggressor
- Stopping the shooter from one side of the door
- Stopping the shooter from both side of the door
- Weapon Disarmament and Control
- Tying Down The Shooter
- The Winning Mindset